To use the tool, visit Metro and click on the Chapter Websites link under the Chapter Officer Resources section.
Chapter Website Policy
In order to prevent the publishing of information that may jeopardize the safety or invade the privacy of the Sorority and/or its members, the National Council has adopted the ensuing policies that must be followed by all chapters wishing to have a Delta Zeta website.
Delta Zeta websites may not be used for commercial, religious or political purposes. These sites shall not include any product endorsements or personal/commercial advertising.
Each chapter is expected to use discretion when determining the appropriate content to be posted on their Web page(s). However, all websites will be monitored by the national organization on a regular basis. In the event that a violation of these policies is discovered, the Sorority may require that the chapter makes changes to their website or that the website be terminated.
If working with a private Web designer or provider, it is recommended that you have all agreements and contracts reviewed by an attorney.
Chapters wishing to maintain a Delta Zeta website:
- Must register their Web address (URL) with the Sorority by updating their chapter's profile on Chapter Inc.'s Operations Actions.
- Must comply with university/college policies, campus Panhellenic rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
- Must make sure that the website promotes a positive image of the chapter, alumnae, collegians, the university/college, Delta Zeta Sorority and Greek life. Refrain from using pictures that depict alcohol or other inappropriate behavior.
- Must include a contact e-mail address (Webmaster) for website visitors to submit comments, suggestions, complaints and questions.
- Must protect the privacy and safety of the Sorority and its members by not publicizing personal information (name, e-mail address, group photographs where individuals may be identified, etc.) without permission of the members.
- Shall not include the following:
- Information about Delta Zeta rituals, etc.
- Individual pictures of chapter members (including chapter composites)
- Street or mailing addresses and/or phone numbers of individual members
- Chapter house/suite address and phone number
- Specifics regarding the location and time of chapter meetings and events
- Details of recruitment schedules, etc. without the approval of the campus Panhellenic or other organization that oversees such activities on campus
- Shall not include any copyrighted material or trademarks owned by other sources without authorization of the copyright/trademark owner.
- Shall update the website periodically, especially if it contains dated material.
- Shall not include links to other websites that are not consistent with Delta Zeta policies. Web pages having such links will be considered in violation of these policies.
The chapter is responsible for the accuracy of all facts, historical data and information included on their site.
The National Council reserves the right to revise these policies at any time.