In about two weeks over 500 Delta Zetas will converge on San Antonio for the 50th National Convention. While many of you might be concerned about what to wear, there are many other things just as important to prepare for your trip. Planning what to pack is important, and you can find examples of what to wear for each different Convention session here, but we wanted to take a few minutes to talk about six non-clothing items that you should add to your suitcase or be aware of before coming to Texas.
1. Extra spending money – Whether you plan to shop in DZ DeZigns, or stop by the DZ Marketplace to learn more about Delta Zeta Licensed Vendors, you will be able to get your fill of pink and green gear. Another way to spend money - but to support Delta Zeta at the same time – is by visiting the Foundation Silent Auction.
2. Follow the feed – Make sure to download Twitter to your smart phone to follow the #DZ2012 feed for the latest announcements and post your reactions to all the happenings in San Antonio.
3. Review the schedule – The schedule for Convention Events is posted to the website. If you have a smart phone you can download the schedule using Guidebook. Check out the desktop version here http://guidebook.com/g/DZ2012/.
4. Don’t forget photo ops – We have some very special events planned, from Fun Night on the Fourth of July with Phi Mu to our Community Purpose Dinner with Ginny Carroll, so you’ll want to take photos. And share them with us on the Convention Facebook Event Page.
5. Notebook and pen – Even though you may be used to taking notes with your iPad, its always useful to have a notebook and pen so you can jot down a note, give someone your phone number or take notes during Convention business sessions. Be aware, there are some sessions where computer, smart phone and tablet use will not be allowed.
6. YOU! The most important thing about coming to Convention is to make sure you are present. Yes, we know you are coming. But what we mean is that you should come with an open mind, ready to learn, connect and experience one of the most amazing sisterhood events Delta Zeta has to offer.